stove model number???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chriscarson

Nov 16, 2012
Hey everyone I just purchased a used haugh woodstove(1989), the stove is in mint condition. Theinspection tag is on the back of the stove its very clear. The only problem is that It doesn't say the model number, there is a list of model numbers but I'm not sure whoch one is mine and which dimension spec to follow. Other than the CSA and all the inspection code stuff thaat I can see different is a number at the bottom of tag(S-19055 rev3)? But that doesn't match up with the model numbers given. Can anyone help please. I want to make sure its all to code for the insurance guys

Chris

Chris hit us with a picture of the stove. Hard to guess without it. The stove was later re-branded as "Century Hearth". Look at pics of Century stoves on web and you will probably recognize one of them. They only made two or three models.

Chris hit us with a picture of the stove. Hard to guess without it. The stove was later re-branded as "Century Hearth". Look at pics of Century stoves on web and you will probably recognize one of them. They only made two or three models.

Attachments

• resized3.jpg
    resized3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 9,052
  • resized4.jpg
    resized4.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10,020
Looks like the S131E/S132E to me

There is a mark beside one of the model numbers on the label on the back of the stove Chris.

There is a mark beside one of the model numbers on the label on the back of the stove Chris.

would that deff. be the model number? myself and the insurance guy will need to know. i also noticed that there is 2 dots beside s135. i dont want to install the stove and have it all turned down lol. because for each model number there is different clearences

Thanks guys, you are very helpful. The footnote is saying for "canadian residents only". I live in canada so that might be a spec that I have to follow? There is a mark on the tag right beside the model number s127, maybe infact that is the stove model number? So if that footnote is on s135 maybe that's the model number I should follow even if the model number of stove is s127. Haha sorry if I'm being a nuisance.

Chris

I was wondering if this is a mark next to the S127 or if there is a phillips screwhead behind the label that is making the mark there? I don't think this is an S135. Contact Century to see if they can help you. http://www.century-heating.com/en/service-support/contact-us

foot·note/ˈfo͝otˌnōt/

Noun:
An additional piece of information printed at the bottom of a page.

Hah ya I'm confused on the model number now, if there was a screw head behind the tag what would it be serving I wonder? Too bad I couldn't trace it somehow, but its 23 yeaars old, or if someone else has a stove like this and if that mark is refering to the model

I was just guessing. If there's a screw behind there you should be able to rub the area and feel it. If not, maybe this is an S127?

i mean there has to be some kind of identification of the model number on the wood stove lol and thats why im thinking that it is a s127. ask around and see if there is mre info regarding these types of stoves.

thanks...Chris

with it being an "89" stove does it meet current canadian emissions standards? similar to US "phase 2" standards. i do not think non certified units may not be legal for new installations up there these days. unfortunately i cannot read the "tested to' on the tag due to my screen and my terrible eyesight.

i am assuming the OP is in canada due to the stove being badged for there.

Status
Not open for further replies.