Stove Move

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wooden Head

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Sep 14, 2009
West Michigan
I need to move my Quad Castile. When I installed to exhaust pipe I had to use High Temp silicone on the joints because they leaked. I forget the brand of pipe, but as I remember the connection was made with a 1/4 turn of the pipe. I've tried twisting the pipe with 2 strap pipe wrenches and have no movement. The outside wall of the pipe will start to flex when put under tension.

I know I can cut, hammer and chisel the joints but am trying to save the pipe and the money to replace it.

Any suggestions.

Sometimes a bit of heat via a torch may make the s#!* a bit more flexable but probably the joint is rust welded :(

Reactions: kappel15
Well a bit of advise for next time , use silicone self bonding tape. Far better at sealing the joints, looks more professional, and is easily cut through on the seam to move the joint.
If you had the pipe together without any anti seize grease for more than fives years your stuck.
With this winter deciding its going to be cold the $$$ would have been better used for pellets or soup.

Well a bit of advise for next time , use silicone self bonding tape. Far better at sealing the joints, looks more professional, and is easily cut through on the seam to move the joint.
If you had the pipe together without any anti seize grease for more than fives years your stuck.
With this winter deciding its going to be cold the $$$ would have been better used for pellets or soup.

Where were you 8 years ago. Thanks for the advise.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Fighting and working a Countryside stove to keep warm

Reactions: Lake Girl