Stove no pellets/ Pellets no stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

90durham

Jul 18, 2008
Southeast Ontario
I am fairly new here and have made two conclusion's.
1. The vast majority of people logged on are truly dedicated in helping other's out with their problem's.
2. There is either a supply issue with stove's or pellet's.
I have read countless entries on either the delay of stove delivery(Harmon/ Quad) or the issues with getting the pellets that were ordered not being delivered.
It is still early in the heating season but there will be a chance for some to make good of a bad situation.
I am guessing that by mid December the folks that haven't gotten their stoves will either not need all(or none)of the fuel they have and some stove owners will be low(or out) on fuel.
Why can't these two groups get together? One group has something the other needs, but can't use themselves. I am not talking charity, free market rules with hopefully no gouging. I am from up North and am unfamiliar with the NE but think zip code would be an easy locator.
I realize the risk or lack of comfort with selling something now that may cost more next year but that is dependant on the price you paid and the price next year, I am not meaning your years supply, just what the person can haul and needs to get them through.
I think there's an opportunity to "play it forward" here.
It may be a dumb idea from someone new.
Stay warm

I've got a dog and a couple of hamsters, but I'm keeping my stove and pellets. And my wife for that matter. And my boat. And I'll need my tent, you can have the house. Deal? I can get you pellets at less than $200 ton, but the shipping will kill you from here in MN. How about some walleye? Got that too. Why do we always eat/fish your fish, and you always eat/fish ours? Ah well, time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.