stove on 2nd story/attic...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2016
Sonyea, New York
hello everyone

i have a morsoe 1b stove (just like the lower photo here https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/morso/)

and i am wondering if it is allowed for me to install it in my attic/2nd story? it will not be designated sleeping quarters, although im sure i will pass out on occasion. it is going to be a yoga, meditation, ect... room. i got this stove at a bargin and i am really looking forward to getting to use it.

i did a quick search and did not come up with any information except it would not be advisable to have it in a bedroom.

TIA

~Jotel

Are you willing to carry wood upstairs? I don't think I'd be into that.

That would only require bringing up a bundle at a time. Not too tedious. Do you already have a Jotul in the house?

yes sir! Jotul F400 in black for about 3 years now. we love it - i didn't grow up with wood stoves but now i can't imagine not having one. we have central heating (gas) which we use to pump heat into the dog grooming room in the back of the house - but otherwise the Jotul keeps the first floor pretty comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.