stove pipe adapter question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quint

Oct 3, 2011
Bremerton, WA
Hey guys again with a install question. I have my stove in place and am waiting on getting one more of the stove pipe pieces in to finish the install. Well actually a few pieces, didnt realize that you needed the bands to go around all the joints for your double wall piping.

My big question is since my stove pipe wont fit directly over the stove outlet I had to get an adapter, the instructions say to use 3 screws to secure it. Does this mean I have to drill 3 new holes on the stove side? The ones on the stove are a little bit higher (about an inch) so the adapter would sit about an inch off the stove. Also if I secure it with screws since it is a little larger on the pipe side it will want to squeeze the outer pipe in causing a weird oblong look.

Is there an issue with just pushing the adapter snug against the stove and secure all the rest of the piping above it and leave that without any screws in it? What have you guys done?

By the way my stove is a ss210 country.

Thanks all.

Sounds like you have double wall pipe? Correct? The double wall stove adapter needs to sit up off the stove.

The Englander 30 has a problem much like this. My Simpson stove adapter fit a little weird and I had to drill holes to get it attached properly.

Can you post pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.