stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler659

Jun 15, 2010
west tennessee
I am just getting around to installing the hearthstone mansfield.I am going with the double walled pipe and was wondering if this stove requires a stove pipe adapter to connect the stove to the double walled pipe.Their is nothing in the manual for this except clearances.Also I have a masonary flue with a 6" clay thimble that goes through the wall and than up into the flue. I am assuming that an adapter is also required for this since the 6" double walled pipe is a little larger that the standard single walled pipe,am i correct.Would this be the correct part to connect to the thimble ( 6'' Simpson DVL Close Clearance Adapter - 8674) Here is the link.http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SP-8674.You guys have been very helpful in the past this has been a very informative site.I am glad I found it.

yes you will need the adapter for the stove. also they make a double wall adapter to single wall so you can slide it through the clay liner then go up the chimney.

ecocavalier02 said:
yes you will need the adapter for the stove. also they make a double wall adapter to single wall so you can slide it through the clay liner then go up the chimney.

i just put a 12" std section of dvl onto my display model, seems to fit fine

the adapter section might look better though

Status
Not open for further replies.