Stove pipe and oak question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknuckle

Aug 20, 2014
Pa.
I am getting ready to install my pellet stove. I have a oak to install also. My question is what's the minimum distance I can put my oak from my exaust? Should I put the oak above or below the exaust? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

I am getting ready to install my pellet stove. I have a oak to install also. My question is what's the minimum distance I can put my oak from my exaust? Should I put the oak above or below the exaust? Any help would be greatly appriciated.
I have seen "to the left or right of a stack and Mine which is below...[small Air vents along the bottom of that Square Plate] IMG_1841.JPG

I have seen "to the left or right of a stack and Mine which is below...[small Air vents along the bottom of that Square Plate]View attachment 137355
OK, I am stumped. What's the starter cord for? A new pellet stove starting aid for when you really want it to rip:)?

Reactions: Mt Bob
OK, I am stumped. What's the starter cord for? A new pellet stove starting aid for when you really want it to rip:)?
HA!! Took me a minute after your reply to figure out what u meant.. [had to look at the picture]
That wood post [Left side]
has a Gate IMG_1840.JPG to the right. closes to that post.
from outside the gate you pull the chord to un-lock the gate latch.
It's about 6 feet from the ground there..
pellet stove starting aid ..that was funny...​

Last edited:
That is pretty much how I did mine, I figured if they sell a wall thimble with the oak built into the corner this should be fine.

Attachments

• 100_0997.JPG
    100_0997.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: bucknuckle
Status
Not open for further replies.