Stove pipe heat sheild.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nojo

Dec 22, 2009
Western/cent Mass
I want to be able to get my englander 30 up to the 5" from the wall mark. But I dont want to go double wall pipe. I want to keep the radiant heat from the single wall pipe.

Would cutting an 8" pipe in half and spacing it 1" off of my 6" pipe be a suitable heat shield? Thats all those heat shields are anyway right?

thanks!

I'm using these with great success: http://www.imperialgroup.ca/pdf/StoveBoard_HeatShield_CAN_EN.pdf But all they appear to be are 8" pipe with a 1" wide, 3" long tab cut into them and folded up to create the offset. Quite frankly when I opened the boxes I kicked myself for not making my own. That said, codes aren't an issue here & if you're subject to codes you may need the certified shield.

you'll need 6" minimum, in any case

summit said:
you'll need 6" minimum, in any case

From the back the stove body or the back of the heat shield thats on the stove? I may actually get a blower so I will have to have it like 8" off the wall.

Stephen in SoKY said:
I'm using these with great success: http://www.imperialgroup.ca/pdf/StoveBoard_HeatShield_CAN_EN.pdf But all they appear to be are 8" pipe with a 1" wide, 3" long tab cut into them and folded up to create the offset. Quite frankly when I opened the boxes I kicked myself for not making my own. That said, codes aren't an issue here & if you're subject to codes you may need the certified shield.

any chance you could get a picture of that offset you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.