Stove pipe in chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowow

Nov 27, 2013
Chbg pa
Hello all once again. I want to thank everyone for all their answers to my questions. This site was def a good find! One last question I have is it ok to run stove pipe up thru existing chimney from my wood stove? Or do I need a flex ss liner. Problem right now is money. Would it be ok to run stove pipe up for now instead of the as liner for now ?

Its against the code and you might end up with rusty pipe due to moisture problems, so no is the short answer but there are some on this forum who have done it.
Good stove pipe will last a long time if used correctly, but stove pipe is not made to be stuck in a chimney.

To do it right, the chimney needs to be cleaned first and the liner needs to stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.