Stove pipe Increaser

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My current stove has a 8" pipe. My new Woodstock will have a 7" pipe. When we install the new stove, I plan to replace the pipe with double wall due to clearance issues. Where does the increaser go? Does it go on top of the stove and then I use the larger pipe to the ceiling, or does it go at the ceiling? I'm guessing at the stove because I have not found double wall increasers, only single wall.

7" is so much fun (not!) Do you know what brand of pipe is currently installed?

I have no idea what's there. There is single wall black pipe from the stove to the ceiling. The chimney is, I believe double wall stainless in the house. I'll have to take what I have apart check it out and take some pictures. I just have to wait until it stays a little warmer overnight. I don't think I have ever had a fire on Easter night before.

You'll want to use an adapter made by the same manufacturer if possible. Popular brands are Simpson, Selkirk Metalbestos, ICC Excel and Security. See if you can find a label or stamping on the class A stainless pipe.

Those are the brands that come up in a ll the google searching I've done. I see Selkirk is a supporter here as well. I guess I will be doing a little exploration in the house. At least I'll have the whole summer to get everything in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.