stove pipe (put around)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
murry you will have to be much more specific to do any good. If you can post a pic that is very helpful, or describe your install better. What brand are your components: Stove? Chimney? Connector?

Stove pipe. conected to stove and into the clay thimble. I am using six inch stove pipe and when it runs into the thimble it has space. What do I use to take up that space between the stove pipe and thimble so no smoke or gases pass through. If you can please give name and brand .

Thank You.

there are lots of options for that. You can use mortar, or stove door gasket works well. Imperial makes a fireplace mortar in a caulking tube.

I am going to take a guess here and say that you have either a seven or eight inch thimble. If that is the case you need an Imperial increaser (their spelling, not mine) that goes from six inch to the thimble size. They are sold year around in the heating and cooling section of Lowe's near the ductwork stuff. Costs around nine dollars. You install it into the thimble then attach the stove pipe to it.

sawdustburners said:
imagine a washer that fits on a stovepipe & has 2" outer edge. these things are ancient!

That is called a trim collar Pook. Won't seal anything. Just makes it look purty.

Status
Not open for further replies.