Stove Pipe Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berner

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2012
Eastern, MA
Hey guys I'm looking to upgrade my stovepipe from an adjustable elbow to a T and fixed elbow. Would you guys go for stainless or black 22 gauge? The wife likes the look of black stovepipe but I would imagine stainless steel would be superior?

We need to see your setup to give you any input really. Stainless will generally be better and can be painted. But black pipe may be just fine depending on the situation

I remember your setup now definatly go with stainless for your situation. THen you will not have to mess with it again.

image.jpg
We need to see your setup to give you any input really. Stainless will generally be better and can be painted. But black pipe may be just fine depending on the situation

Has anyone painted stainless steel? How did it come out? I would think that it would look good at first but fail over the course of time.

This is the current setup. The stovepipe that I'm looking to get will have a longer vertical run and hopefully get the flexible liner out of site. This way I could go with painted stainless making the wife happy without compromising on quality of material. Thoughts?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 93
we do it all the time just get the paint made for stailess stove pipe and it will work well

Status
Not open for further replies.