Stove pipe ratings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

phosguy

Dec 12, 2021
Mpls., MN
Good evening. I have a wood insert utilizing SL series double wall pipe from Hearth N Home. Does anyone know the temp ratings on the SL348 for example? Thank you.

Good evening. I have a wood insert utilizing SL series double wall pipe from Hearth N Home. Does anyone know the temp ratings on the SL348 for example? Thank you.
Do you mean you have a fireplace using that pipe? It is low temp air cooled pipe.

Yes, a Pioneer II wood insert. Wondering what the temp rating is on the SL300 series pipe is?
Ok we are talking about a quadra fire pioneer II prefab fireplace correct?

I cannot find any specs on the sl300 line. But it is simply air cooled chimney with no insulation. Dura-plus which is the other option would perform much better.

If I recall correctly someone asked about this years ago. SL-300 is relatively low temp, around 1600º? DuraPlus is rated at 2100ºHT.