Stove Pipe Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rental_man

Jan 26, 2015
Northern SK
First off awesome site, best forum I could find for wood stove information. I am a newbie and recently purchased a 850 sq/ft cabin with an older Blaze King stove. It was installed too close to the walls so I installed a heat shield but now it's time to replace the stove with something new. I have narrowed it down to a Kodiak 1200 as it works dimensionally and the clearance is good as well I like the larger firebox. I also want to replace the stove pipe with double wall and am having a little trouble determine what fitting I need to adapt to chimney. I believe I need Selkirk DSPI67 judging by the 7" diameter of the fitting above the pipe, however I'm not sure.

Is this the correct fitting?

I want a damper in the double wall chimney, seems like it's a preference thing. I was going to install but is there any real need?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 129
The DSP I67 is a 6 inch to 7 inch adapter. You will also need whatever chimney adapter fits that particular 7 inch ID chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.