Stove pipe to liner connection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckitch

Feb 18, 2014
Michigan
Here's the deal, getting ready to hook up my new drolet austral. I have a 20' exterior chimney 7"x11" with a 5.5" liner running through it. I bought all Selkirk double wall 6" pipe from the stove up to where the stainless T will stick out of the old masonry crock. My question is how do I hook the liner to the stove pipe? these pipes are the exact same size. I had a piece of single wall laying around and the crimp end will fit inside both pieces but I don't think this is the right way to hook it up, so was wondering what I should do. Thanks for any assistance

That's not what you need. You are trying to connect to the rigid Tee snout correct? Is it 6" or is it also 5.5"? If its 5.5" it should have came with a 6" adaptor, if its 6" then it just needs crimped. You can pick up a set of crimpers at most hardware stores. If you can remove the snout easily, I would take it to a hearth store and have it crimped on a commercial crimper.

Perfect, it is a rigid 6" snout. I will get it crimped I guess, thanks for the info. They can crimp stainless? Hope so

Perfect, it is a rigid 6" snout. I will get it crimped I guess, thanks for the info. They can crimp stainless? Hope so
Yes. HVAC shops might also have a bench mounted crimper. Hand crimpers will work, its just a little tough. I'd check with local hearth stores first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.