Stove Polish

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailblaze

Aug 20, 2008
South West PA
Not sure if this has been posted before or not but i just bought some Rutland Stove Polish and WOW did it do wonders to my Dutchwest Cast iron stove!!!!

For under 10 bucks one tube did the whole stove and it looks like it did the day i bought it. I'm sure the first fire this fall will emit some wonderful odor from all this polish, but it looks great and should help keep rust away!

http://www.rutland.com/productinfo.php?product_id=50

I recommend it!

Sorry to bump an old thread...did you get any smoking when you starting buring this season?

Our Castine is a little "dull"; doesn't quite have that new stove look. I've been kicking around doing this before it gets cold and the windows are shut for a few months.

That stuff is great, but it was not designed for use on painted surfaces. It is a wax-based polish to be used on bare cast iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.