Stove Problems By Brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shot! Made me laugh so hard I have tears in my eyes. (Seriously, I'm still chuckling) You made me about roll out of the chair. However, tears of laughter are much more pleasant and very different than the tears of sadness from a Quad purchase. Touche' WW3 has just commenced. Take your battle stations! Chuckle, Chuckle!
How in the He## could you have sadness from a Quad purchase? They are the easiest thing to run. So easy even a caveman could do it. One adjustment! Duh. :)

How in the He## could you have sadness from a Quad purchase? They are the easiest thing to run. So easy even a caveman could do it. One adjustment! Duh. :)

Which like all others is addressed in the manual which nobody seems to read thus all the verbiage on here and other places.

My bucket of parts is better than your bucket of parts.

Anything that has rotating devices and electronics involving heat and ash is going to go wonky at some point.

Anything that has rotating devices and electronics involving heat and ash is going to go wonky at some point.

My mother in law has none of those things and is pretty wonky too.

I had to beleive that the foks bying the cheeper stoves can not afford a compter or smartpone so they aint gonna post there probems.

Reactions: wildwildwest
I had to beleive that the foks bying the cheeper stoves can not afford a compter or smartpone so they aint gonna post there probems.

Alot of rich people got that way by spending their money wisely.

My post was meant to be funny please don't take it in the gutter. It was hard to make that many misspellings and grammatical errors in one sentence.

My post was meant to be funny please don't take it in the gutter. It was hard to make that many misspellings and grammatical errors in one sentence.

I know that... I don't think we are a bunch of pre-pubescent girls :p

its nutt heard atall two due thaat!

LuvMyPellets, You just had to go there! You are such a Kettle Stirrer! We all get along well here and ya just have to start some crap. LOL!

Well, all righty then. Boxing gloves on and ready to swing my .02 cents worth. Better watch your back since I am a member of the Harman's Angels now. LOL! Big papa and Harman Lover might be knocking on your door later after dark.

Another possibility within the realm of this survey is that many (if they ever even post here) might be too busy working on most of these box store brands or others. Maybe they have decided to pay the utility company and don't want to talk about it or gave up because of lack of support and parts availability. I have a cousin that fits into these categories. I knew nothing much about pellet stoves myself. After carefully looking at many and researching in depth I went with, yep you guessed it, a HarmAn. Look at their warranty for starters compared to most others. That speaks volumes. I am very happy so far. In comparison to many of the cheaper stoves the construction, material quality, and craftsmanship could not be compared in my opinion. Also remember that everything breaks and machines break down. A fact of life. Avoiding theses issues is a key to happiness.

Was I happy to spend more. Nope! Am I happy I did? Hell yes! To each there own and I'm not knocking any brand because I'm too busy watching my Harman burn effortlessly without problems. I wish everyone else the best with theirs too. If you like it and it serves you well then Great! Another fact is I came here for awhile first and was asking about what to buy (pros and cons of each). Nobody else with other brands stepped up to back what they had. Where are all of these others??? Makes you wonder?? I am not being a Harman snob and believe me if I had problems or did not believe in what I see as a damn good stove then I would speak up loudly and tell everyone. If I found the same quality and dependability for less money I would jump on it. Why not? An added consideration or factor to get true results would also be to point out the real issues for said problems. Is it quality or human error? Crappy performance or an uneducated or unknowing operator?

I did get one guy saying he was happy with his Lopi. I can understand that because I have an old insert and it's a tank. Well built also. Again, my opinion. There was also one other who liked his Quad. Two out of thousands here.I was considering an Enviro for a long while. Honestly, I was considering every brand but wanted what was best for me. I went to several different dealers and some sold the same brands while others had the one they pushed like pimps selling cheap used hookers.

After driving out of town an hour to visit a shop that sells Harman, Enviro, Quads, and a few others (with working displays) of each and about every model unit each manufacturer makes I had my mind made up. I was fortunate enough to have hands on side by side comparisons. This place had a huge show room but nothing fancy and no free Star Bucks coffee with about 20-30 something stoves displayed. Too many to count but believe me there was no shortage. This guy owns a small town Indiana family HVAC business, pellet stove shop, and an Ace Hardware all in one large well organized shop and has for decades.

They have an A+ BBB rating with a long list of excellent reviews all the way around. Many rave about him and his family and their business. I understand why now. I am a contractor and have zero tolerance and patience for most things. He and I hashed it out for hours on everything and every brand. I rolled into his shop with a ton of research done and knowledge from here and elsewhere. He gladly donated a lot of his time and wanted to ensure I had no other questions or concerns. Time was long but very well spent. I know enough to know this fellow had it together and knew his stuff thoroughly and well. A total professional with no bs or favoritism going on. Very straight forward, no frills, honest, and simply down to earth. My kind of dude. He makes money off of every brand he sells but he likes happy customers more. I bought from him although he is a little farther away than several others. Once things settle down I'm making another 1 hour trip and going to buy him lunch.

This is another huge factor with stoves also that should be included in this study. The fact that you can get what you need (parts, service, advice, etc;) or at least get some guidance to resolve issues you might encounter.
Knock,knock,knock.

Reactions: Harman Lover 007
Harman is hands down the best,if you didn't buy a harman you just might be a redneck!

Harman is hands down the best,if you didn't buy a harman you just might be a redneck!

I own a St Croix but my neck is pasty white like the rest of me.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
As several have said, all stoves will eventually have problems. But there's something to be said for longevity, and my 21 year old Harman Invincible is still going strong. And as far as I know it all of the major parts are still the originals.

Reactions: bags
Could it be because they don't last as long?? Paper plates don't last as long as quality dishes either. Ouch! Ha hahahahaha! We are having some fun now, huh people? I see the vicious cycle of stove love rearing it's ugly head. How's the weather?
As several have said, all stoves will eventually have problems. But there's something to be said for longevity, and my 21 year old Harman Invincible is still going strong. And as far as I know it all of the major parts are still the originals.
i like your post since I'm Outta likes

If you didn't buy a Harman, you probably have enough money left over to buy another Quad that will run and run and run.

Oh Lord, it's that time of the season...

BB - Who is so jealous of all of those other stoves and phones he can't afford on a hearth.com moderator's salary.

PS: Just to keep it going, Harman stoves suck. ;lol

Oh Lord, it's that time of the season...

BB - Who is so jealous of all of those other stoves and phones he can't afford on a hearth.com moderator's salary.

PS: Just to keep it going, Harman stoves suck. ;lol
That's what the jealous moderator would say

Hey Bart were all gonna chip in and gat ya a harman we just want you to be happy.happy staff members is the key to a successful hearth.com

Status
Not open for further replies.