stove questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leoibb

Dec 29, 2010
uk
hello all. i have a stove with two vents at the bottom and three at the top. my understanding is the top vents are for secondary burn and airwash?
i seen some mods on here with a pipe feeding up into the stove located just under the baffle plate for secondary burn. it has lots of tiny holes to release air
with it already having a baffle plate i assumed they had secondary burn and didnt need this..
what am i missing? it is something i will do my self if there is a benefit to it?
as i say i thought i had secondary burn with the airwash and baffle plate, no??

Manufacturer and Model? Possibly pictures???

Shawn

the stove is a ja006, it is clamed to be made by various people, after doing a google search there is loads of sites selling them each claiming a different name, but seems like its all the same stove .
do a google for pics ja006. plenty come up

leoibb said:
the stove is a ja006, it is clamed to be made by various people, after doing a google search there is loads of sites selling them each claiming a different name, but seems like its all the same stove .
do a google for pics ja006. plenty come up

OK so it is a China made, cast iron multi fuel stove. There are no pics of the inside of the stove online, that would be helpful, Do you have the maual ?? Does the stove have secondary burn tubes?

Shawn

no it dont have the perforated tubes.
very basic, it has two vents at bottom and three at top above doors. a baffle plate and thats pretty much it.. the original baffle plate i had in had an inch gap either side, i recently replaced this with a plate that fits tight to the sides, and it seems to have made a big difference in heat output and much less fuel is being used.
If these tubes you refer to will make it more efficient then i will fit them, any ideas?

Here's a link to download the manual (the Sunrain). It doesn't give any details on the construction, nor does it mention secondary burn. I suggest you contact the dealer for more information. If anyone knows, they will.

http://www.ukstoves.co.uk/downloads/

spoke with the people mentioned , but i dont know if tyhey know, they claim it is and say any secondary air supply is for secondary combustion.. mmmm i dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.