Stove recommendations ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clodhopper

Nov 14, 2009
NE PA
I just bought and installed an Oslo in the main part of my house and really like it now that I am starting to get further up on the learning curve of how to run it (previously had a Bengal Blue Jet cookstove, then a Carmor, neither one of which was too fussy about the way things were done).
I am also in the process of putting on a 400 sq ft addition with a cathedral ceiling which is attaching to the other side of the 256 sf kitchen. Neither one of them are able to enjoy the benefit of the Oslo due to the layout of the house, so I am planning to put another stove out there.

Anybody have any recommendations for make and model of something that would fit that space well? What does a cathedral ceiling do as far as calculating square feet heated?
Thanks

Yes, a cathedral ceiling can impact the heating due to heat stratification at the ceiling peak. This can be mitigated with a ceiling fan running in reverse.

As for stove recommendations, it sounds like an F400 or maybe a small Woodstock could work, but I'd like to see the layout of the whole floor before making the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.