Stove recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkeeh

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2011
NE Ohio
I currently have a Harman p43 in the basement of my 1500 sqft ranch. It does a nice job.....but I miss the "ambiance" of the fire. Spent many years with a wood stove and I miss it. I DON'T miss the cutting, splitting, and hauling firewood. That being said, Id like to put a pellet stove upstairs next year...I dont mind the looks of the P43...but Id like to find something a little quieter. Im sure some stoves generate less noise than others. Thats what Im looking to find out. Something that is 1)quiet, and 2) decent looking and efficient. If money were not an object.......whats the best stove to fit that criteria???????? Let the fun begin!

I like the cast stoves.

Quad Mt. Vernon
Enviro M55 cast
Regency GF60 (i think)
Lopi Leyden
Quad castile
Harman XXV

That list above about does it for me...

I'd put the XXV right below the Mt. Vernon, though. :)

Both of these stoves have great technology. The Dell Pointe Euporia (spelling) would be my 1st pick with the Enerzone Euromax a close 2nd. If money were no option...

Then again..... A Harman PF 100 in the basement and an M-55 steel (larger hopper and ash pan than the Cast model) upstairs would be a killer combo.

Enviro/Regency have a nice fire. Both in cast version look sweet. 2nd in quiet class. Mt Vernon will get the quietest honors. Both will cost a shiny nickle though! XXV is also a looker. Don't think there'd be an issue with any stove you listed. All are work horse's. Check em all out.

I would give the multifuelers a very hard look. Much easier on cruddy fuel and alternative's if pellets become scarce. Things are fine now, But rough waters could be a head. The insiders and experts have listed a heads up warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.