Stove resembles fisher baby bear

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burnwood

Sep 6, 2008
Western, MA
I am looking to buy a second stove for my basement. So far I looked at two and they were both identical, but I think different brands. When researching them they look identical to the fisher baby bear wood stoves, with a perfectly flat surface, and a raised flat surface towards the back. They both had three knobs on the front to adjust the air intake and completly different wild life scenes. Are these all made by Fisher or are there several companys with this design? They don't say Fisher on the front. They appear to be very well made and a good choice. Does anyone have any advice? The guy thinks its an atlanta? I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Right now I have a Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim. Its been the only source of heat for my house in Mass. for about 5 years. It gets about 7 or 8 hours of burn time and I would like a stove with just a few more hours. Thank you everyone! :)

This stove only has one door. And the stove pipe exits the back of the stove. It looks identical to this. Fisher Stove But I don't believe its a fisher. And it has three knobs for air. Are there alot of company's that made this design? Are they all good? I'm getting it for $250. Its a perfect size and in really good shape.

There were many stove companies back in the 70s that produced step stoves modeled after the Fisher bears. Atlanta Stove Works was one of them. No name on the door of the stove you are looking at?

Generally the step stoves of the era were 1/4" plate steel welded tight with a cast iron door. Basically indestructable and good heaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.