Stove shut down on high temps.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rwebs

Dec 24, 2009
Central Maine
I have a Breckwell P23FSL, and have been burning pellets (approx 6 ton per year) since 2008. I have not changed my cleaning tactics since then, and attempt to maintain a clean stove. Clean everywhere recommended by the manual. My problem is that the stove shuts down now when burning on level 4, and seems very hot to the touch around the combustion side even on level 3. I took the combustion blower off earlier this winter and scraped the blades of the impeller, and cleaned everything I could find on that end. My question is would it be possible that the combustion blower is not turning at the 3000 rpm it's supposed to or is there something I'm missing on the cleaning end? Hate to throw parts at a problem not knowing if it will solve them. I have no way of checking the speed of the blower, nor do I know of a pellet stove repair man, like the Maytag man.

Status
Not open for further replies.