Stove shutting down after start up cycle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flem

Dec 12, 2009
Western MD
Wondering if the control panel to my Whitfield is finally starting to go bad. Panel display lights blink off and on and cause the stove to make odd noises. Stove starts right up then shuts down. Many parts on the stove are new or have been replaced lately, including the auger motor and photo eye. All signs point to the control panel. Agree? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stove probably runs for 5 minutes. The digital displays for the heat (red) and the blower setting (yellow) keep blinking like they are getting intermittent power. The wiring harness is new so the connections should be good.

are you , by chance, running the unit on a thermostat? sometimes the contacts get a lil dirty and make for some intresting stuff.

Thanks for replying. It is on a therm, checked the contacts earlier and they appear fine. I'm going to see if my photo eye may be out of alignment and not sensing the flame properly as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.