stove temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archminer

Sep 13, 2013
i have a hot blast 1537 coal/wood furnace in the basement. i have a mag temp gauge about 4 inches above to front door. what kind of temps should it be reading? or am i just to worried. my dad says they nevr ran a temp gauge on a coal furnace. he doesnt know what you would run it at. he said he knows by the sound, smell, and spitting on the front of the firebox if its to hot or not. lol. id just like to know if im to paranoid or if im not. what temps am i looking for. if i put the thermometer in the right spot.

rigth now i try to keep it between 300 and 550. dad said it feels to cool tho.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.