Stove Thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Burner

Feb 2, 2015
Northeast Wisconsin
I have double wall stove pipe from the stove itself straight through to the cap on the chimney. I'd rather not drill a pass through hole for pipe attached thermometer. I have read that there are thermometers that can be set directly on the top of the stove.
Do they in fact exist, if so where would a person find one and lastly what kind of cost am I looking at? Thank you much for the help. I am a new burner and loving the heck out of it. Stay Warm!!!!

I have both a Condar stove top thermometer and a Condar probe style thermometer . . . both work great. I use both of them in tandem to burn more efficiently.

I have the Condar flueguard probe style. If you have a drill and 3 minutes of time you can install it. Great thermometer, I mostly use it to make sure I'm not running my air control too far open and wasting heat up the chimney.

I'm running the same setup as you, double wall from the stove right to the cap. Any reason you don't want to run a probe style?

I have the Condar flueguard probe style. If you have a drill and 3 minutes of time you can install it. Great thermometer, I mostly use it to make sure I'm not running my air control too far open and wasting heat up the chimney.

I'm running the same setup as you, double wall from the stove right to the cap. Any reason you don't want to run a probe style?

Without knowing the intent of the OP . . . I think a lot of folks think that a) they will somehow mess up while drilling the hole in the pipe and make a mess of the expensive double wall pipe and/or b) they will cause smoke to come out of the drilled hole.

As mentioned . . . it is actually pretty easy to do . . . and due to the draft smoke will not come out of the hole. The few times I have had a reverse draft smoke came out of the pipe and stove from just about every crack and crevice and door . .. except for that probe's hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.