stove timer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rideboard147

Feb 2, 2011
Weatherford Texas (DFW)
Is there some sort of timeror controller out there that you can set your pellet stove on? I would love to have my stove kick on and off certain times of the day.

if the unit has "on /off" capability with an external thermostat im sure a programmable with a timer function could be adapted to that. i havent looked for one as im not in market to do what you are looking to do but with the right stove and the right stat i could see it working

Most "timers" turn all power off (No?l. If power is lost during the burn, it could be all bad.

My suggestion would be a programmable T-stat with several different temp/times.
Probably the best route.

DexterDay said:
Most "timers" turn all power off (No?l. If power is lost during the burn, it could be all bad.

My suggestion would be a programmable T-stat with several different temp/times.
Probably the best route.

I am looking into more of that option because I dont want to loose power to the stove. I could set the (room) temp low I guess when I don't want it to run then back to a higher temp when I am ready for it to kick on. Any good deals on the net for a program T stat?

I just picked up a "Hunter" brand from my local Lowes. They had some programmable ones for about $40. The one I got was all touch screen and had the most temp/times and swing adjustments.

Lots of folks here use the Lux brand or Honeywell. As long as its rated for a millivolt system it will work. The Lux 1500 was what I was gonna buy. But steered toward the Hunter for more options.

If looking for a remote T-stat. Look at the Skytech models 3301P and 5301P. I have the standard 5301 on the Quad. Its not programmable, but in the main part of the season, it normally runs 24/7 on Low setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.