Stove top fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sodbuster

Minister of Fire
Sep 22, 2012
Michigan
I have a PE Summit in an alcove, so in my situation the PE fan/blower does help to move air into the room. My concerns with it are, it's louder than realized after its turned off. It does draw some AC power, albeit negligible.

After the Ecofan was introduced, it seems like a lot of "me too" companies exploded. New companies are not necessarily bad, many times them try harder to produce a better product than the original company. Does anyone have current experience with stove top fans, where they would be comfortable offering buying advise?

I have one, they don't do much at all. I bought it just for fun.

I have an Eco fan too, I don't buy their marketing schpeel but they are cool and make a good gift. It's the first thing I notice when I come downstairs to help me judge how good my overnight burn was.

I don't have one, but my brother does.. he thinks it's neat, but he also doesn't think it really helps.

I have one. It is fun. Moves very, very little air. It is a far better thermometer than it is a fan. I recomend yo buy one. Expect no air movement, smile as you see it turning on top of your stove.

Reactions: Dakotas Dad