Stove top temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
Is 700 dge to hot or does it seam ok. I have a quad 4300 step top. the manual doesn't say anything about temps. In this cold snap I want to get every BTU out of it.

In the cold I target 650 700 is ok but I would rather be 50 degrees due to hot spots elswhere on the stove surface.

Saw a friend of yours today Dalton Burning the smoke belching OWB

earthharvester said:
Is 700 dge to hot or does it seam ok. I have a quad 4300 step top. the manual doesn't say anything about temps. In this cold snap I want to get every BTU out of it.
How thick is the top plate of this model ?

Thanks Elk, a little cold today huh. Elk there are morning when I go to work that strech of road is covered with smoke.

May be 3/8 Roo do you want me to go measure it?

Thats one hot stove if the top is showing 700° with a 3/8" thick top. I'm sure the stove body wont have any problem , its going to be a solid body. The one thing to watch is the internals of the stove ............ its a noncat with burn tubes correct ?

Yep , I just checked the web site , non-cat with stainless steel burn tubes. Stove should be fine , just keep an eye on the burn tubes as they may warp over time running the stove around max output. Do your proper maintenance to the stove and make sure the burn tube system is tight and in good shape and you shouldn't have a problem.

earthharvester said:
Thanks Elk, a little cold today huh. Elk there are morning when I go to work that strech of road is covered with smoke.

I'm surprised there was any smoke around with the winds you folks have been having. Nasty and cold.

Thanks guys BG we here in NE had to put on sweat shirts this morning. Yesterday was still Tshirt weather though.

Earthharverster,
It's was cold here last night too -4F. This morning after sleeping in a little later than I should have it was 65F when I woke up, ran the stove at 800 for the better part of the morning at one point it was 850...I think 700 is fine.

Thank you. I wish the MFG would just put a little more detail ni the manual like temps

Status
Not open for further replies.