Stove value question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squash

Aug 22, 2013
Hollidaysburg,Pa
Hello, I have the opportunity to purchase a fisher mama bear stove. We are having trouble placing a value on the stove. Any thoughts?
Thanks image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Looks like it has been abused and burned too hot, but I'm no expert. Does the door have a rope gasket around it? Mine did when I bought it and the door doesn't seal as well as it should because I took the gasket off to return the stove to its original configuration. If it were me, I'd try to find one that was in better shape, but that's just my opinion. I'm a little more picky than others.

Looks like it's been well used to me, white areas indicate it was run pretty hot, will need a good inspection for any signs of cracking or warping. Inside looks pretty messy, new fire bricks all around and a baffle would be good to go. Stoves of that type and condition are around $150-200 in my area but winters coming on and they will increase in value shortly!!

Looks like it's been burned hot, hot, hot. For my money, if I were looking for something to install and use inside my home, I'd keep looking. Rick

I also wonder if the holes that are drilled into the side of the stove to mount that rectangular tube might cause any weak spots in the stove itself. I would keep looking for another Mama bear myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.