Stove Video Collection?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbering on

Feeling the Heat
Dec 7, 2012
New York
I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube, looking for videos to get a better sense of what certain stoves look like and how they look when they're burning.

Also, when I was trying to learn the stove last year, videos of a particular stove "burning correctly" would have been helpful to have something to compare it to.

Probably close to every stove model on the market is represented by an owner on this site.

Any thoughts on creating a Hearth.com YouTube channel or other video collection of each stove model with a 10-15 minute view of them burning optimally to help new buyers and new owners?

Reactions: Bster13
I moved this thread over into the suggestion room.

I nominate pen to maintain it. ;lol

In all seriousness, if someone comes to the forum looking for that kind of specific information, I've been amazed at the times over the years that forum members have stepped up and recorded their own stuff to share when the need arise.

That said, having a way to organize that would have been handy, but honestly, most of thier vids can be found on youtube with a search since that's where they hosted it to link it to this site.

Also, I can think of needing at least a 1/2 dozen videos on different ways for loading the Englander 30 for different weather, wood size, heating needs, burn time needs, etc, etc.

Point is, even a video of every single stove on the planet hosted here wouldn't make everyone happy as there are lots of different ways to run each well.

This lack of a right vs. wrong way is kind of the art to wood burning. Every setup is different and it's hard to capture that.

Not knocking the original idea, just saying it's a big shoe to fill.

pen

I've been spending a lot of time on YouTube, looking for videos to get a better sense of what certain stoves look like and how they look when they're burning.

Also, when I was trying to learn the stove last year, videos of a particular stove "burning correctly" would have been helpful to have something to compare it to.

Probably close to every stove model on the market is represented by an owner on this site.

Any thoughts on creating a Hearth.com YouTube channel or other video collection of each stove model with a 10-15 minute view of them burning optimally to help new buyers and new owners?

It's been considered - back when when WE were gonna do a lot of the videos ourselves......

The problem there is that it's quite labor intensive and we are barely (if at all) keeping up as it stands.

It's true that youtube does it best - maybe a good solution is to have some members (volunteers) look for the best vids and put them in an article or section?

Status
Not open for further replies.