Stove went cold today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow1

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2008
Eastern MA
Well, it was a nice 9 day run. Record time for me to not kindle a fire and keep the stove burning. Today the temps went up over 40 after being above freezing for the last 24hrs or so. House just didn't need much heat so I put a small load in this morning and left it. Tonight it was down to embers... not really cold, but close enough for me to count as the end of the run.

Good part of the deal though was I was able to go ahead and clean the dust/white haze (whatever that is?) off the glass and since I have no idea when the next chance may be I went ahead and inspected/cleaned the cat so I'll be good to go for another cord. However I'm not sure I did anything as there really wasn't much on the cat but a couple flakes of ash and it looked fine to me. There was a small bit of ash under it that I went ahead and cleaned out since I was there and had it all opened up anyway... takes longer to remove the cook stones etc than anything it seems.

On to the next run... tomorrow is to be warm again then after that it is supposed to be cold the rest of the year so we'll see. So much for one match from Dec-March. At least I remembered how to stack and light a fire so once I was done it was up and going again in relatively short order.

I know the feeling.I run mine about the same.24/7.Get up in the morning throw on some splits.Go to work.Come home.Throw on some splits.Repeat.Kinda nice not having to light it 2 or 3 times a day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.