stove will not turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigleft

Oct 31, 2008
easatern new york
i have whitfield pellet stove that will not turn on.
it ran fine last night till it ran out of pellets. it turned off the proper way. now when i turn it on the control board lights up for a few seconds and than turns off. no fans or feeder turn on. can anyone help me. its getting cold outside and i don't want my wife to nag me about this for to long. thanx

Is there any sort of "reset" switch on your stove? I know that mine has one that I have to use when starting the stove from empty.

Just a thought.

Steve

tlux said:
i have whitfield pellet stove that will not turn on.
it ran fine last night till it ran out of pellets. it turned off the proper way. now when i turn it on the control board lights up for a few seconds and than turns off. no fans or feeder turn on. can anyone help me. its getting cold outside and i don't want my wife to nag me about this for to long. thanx
tlux, just do a search and you will find alot of stuff on this issue. I have a whitfield and recently had the same issue. My problem was the control board is going bad and I had to do some rewiring on the circuit board. The first thing I would do if I were you would be make myself a jumper wire and test the combustion blower and the auger. Your auger will NOT work if the CB isnt working. what model of whitfield is it?

tlux said:
the model is an advantage 2-t.
thats the same as mine..this stove is relatively easy to diagnose and actually quite simple to fix but can be costly depending on the part you need. Have you tested for power to the components? jumper tested the auger and conbustion blower yet?

i have not tested the individual components yet. but if the auger and the blowers both don't work i'm thinking its a switch or the circuit board. this is a great stove. its just getting alittle tired after a couple years of good use. i will start testing components this afternoon when i get more time.

Im not saying it is the control board
but the last few Advantage's I have had to replace the same thing would happen
the stove would light up and turn on and shut right off.

tlux said:
i have not tested the individual components yet. but if the auger and the blowers both don't work i'm thinking its a switch or the circuit board. this is a great stove. its just getting alittle tired after a couple years of good use. i will start testing components this afternoon when i get more time.
I would make a jumper cord out of an old extension cord and attach it to the components to assure they all work. then test them with voltmeter to show you are getting current to them....If you arent getting current to a component then go back to the circuit board and check to see if you are getting current there. My whitfield still had the black relay box beside the circuit board and I disconnected it and rewired the circuit board so I now have power to all components and they are properly working. Mine is no longer wired the way it should be but it all works fine. If I continue to keep losing spots on my circuit board I will have to buy a new control panel more than likely. I just went through this last week. Here is the thread just click on the link.https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26421/

Status
Not open for further replies.