stove with rear exhaust

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepie

Dec 2, 2007
elmira, new york
i need a large energy wood stove that exits out the rear as i don't have the room for a top exit ---is there such a thing?
i have about 2000 sq ft to heat,,i need burn times of at least 7 hrs,,i want an energy stove,,also i would like to preheat the hot water before the water tank---any thoughts---thanks

What is an "energy wood stove"?

The Jotul F600 and Quadrafire Isle Royale can both be configured rear-exit. They have big (3 cu ft) fireboxes and would heat your place well. There is also the Hearthstone Bennington that has a 2.5 cu ft box, with rear-exit option. Next size down would be the Jotul F500.

None of these stoves are designed to be plumbed into the hot water system. You don't see that option any more in this country. It would take special ordering a stove from Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.