Q&A Stove with Squirrel on side plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I am trying to identify a wood stove with a squirrel on the side and a warming area above the fire box. I think it was a European manufacturer.

Answer:

You are in luck because you have an excellent quality cast iron wood stove. It sounds like a Morso Squirrel Stove, which by the way, is still being made in different versions for many countries. The Squirrel and other Morso stoves have returned to the North America, having been tested and approved to EPA standards. We at Hearthlink International are working with Valor Heating to import Morso products into the U.S., and can help you if you are looking for older manuals or parts. You can reach us via my email, or through our website at www.hearthlink.com. If you are in Canada, or western U.S., please try Miles Industries at www.valorflame.com. And, you can also contact Morso in Denmark at www.morsoe.com.

Wherever you are located, let us know if we can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.