Stove won't feed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sistergldnhair66

Feb 5, 2010
orange county, ny
Hi everyone! I found this forum last week when the auger on my pellet stove wasnt spinning and through sifting through posts I found that there was sawdust build up and it cranked up again. BUT the warmth only lasted three days, now I had to clear the hopper out again, and it does turn, when I turn it on, all three lights blink then it stops and the "ready" light flashes red, and we are down again.

Due to the recent separation of my husband and I, I find myself trying to fix things myself or having to find a repairman. Which brings me to the topic of....I'm having a HARD time trying to find a wood stove repairman. Is there a specific listing for that? Or can any heating and cooling guy work? or will I have to call each one and ask? I'm so frustrated....AND COLD!

Anyway, nice to meet all of you. This is a great forum!

I would call a local stove or hearth shop . Most do installs and repairs I would think? Also get in contact with the maufacture of the stove they may have a tech support line which would help and they may have a list of authorized repair places for their product.

What stove make and model is this? Adding that to the title will help a lot.

What is the stove, brand and model?

Tell us everything you can about it. Especially the last time it was completely cleaned and how many tons or bags of pellets have been through through it.

We can only help if we have the information that you can provide, that information can also allow you to locate a place that installs and services that particular stove.

sistergldnhair66 said:
Hi everyone! I found this forum last week when the auger on my pellet stove wasnt spinning and through sifting through posts I found that there was sawdust build up and it cranked up again. BUT the warmth only lasted three days, now I had to clear the hopper out again, and it does turn, when I turn it on, all three lights blink then it stops and the "ready" light flashes red, and we are down again.

Due to the recent separation of my husband and I, I find myself trying to fix things myself or having to find a repairman. Which brings me to the topic of....I'm having a HARD time trying to find a wood stove repairman. Is there a specific listing for that? Or can any heating and cooling guy work? or will I have to call each one and ask? I'm so frustrated....AND COLD!

Have no fear, Macman will be here. BUT, he's gonna want pictures.

sistergldnhair66 said:

Yes, Hoss is right, I will come to the rescue of a fellow Orange County pellet burner (or at least try).

sistergldnhair66, I can't specifically recommend any one repair person, since I have never used one for my stoves. Heck, if I thought I knew enough about your stove, I might even offer to give you a hand....but we need to know what brand and model you have first.

In the meantime, here's a link to a site that has an "installer" section, but many of them do service work too. Just put your zip code in.

www.stovesdirect.com/installers.php

How you making out with this issue, sister? Any luck yet?

Hi everyone. Work has kept me oh so busy to even check my email. I called a few places on that stovesdirect.com and one of them "thinks" he knows a repairman and will get back to me. Meanwhile it's still cold. :) It is a Country brand stove, and I haven't had time to tinker with it, and to be honest, am a little afraid to start tinkering with it, as I fear it might make matters worse, but tomorrow we are expecting snow, so maybe while snowed in, I'll go over and see if I can play with it and give you guys some more information so that you can offer some more information.

Macman, thanks for that link. I called someone in Vernon and they hooked me up with a repairman that came out this morning. He got me up and running. He said the combustion blower fan was stuck therefore shutting the system down. He said it is probably on the fritz, and that I should probably get a new blower. I just looked it up and wow, the whole assembly is 180.00 bucks, but he said I should be able to hook it up myself, and if I get stuck he'd be glad to come back out and hook it up. So for now, at least we are warming up.

sistergldnhair66 said:
Macman, thanks for that link. I called someone in Vernon and they hooked me up with a repairman that came out this morning. He got me up and running............So for now, at least we are warming up.

Glad to hear that. Ultimately, the person who should get credit for that link is Mike Holton from Englander Tech Support, and valued member on this forum......he's the one that originally posted it.

If you get stuck getting the blower installed, give me a shout.....

Status
Not open for further replies.