stove won't light

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supapally

Oct 21, 2009
Maine
Hi.

This forum has been a lifesaver for me before and I need ya' again. My Lopi Layden has been running well this year. I have had good luck until tonight when it stopped burning.

I cleaned it completely, so I don't think it is a dirty stove issue. It just never lights. I have checked the fuse in the back and it appears okay. The exhaust fan is running and I can feel air going up the flue if I remove the clean out with the stove off. The auger is working fine and pellets get to the furnace box, but never get a spark from the igniter. Maybe it's that simple: I have a burned out igniter?

-paul

It sounds very much like an ignitor issue. Can you see your ignitor when the stove is powering up? On my stove I can open the ash pan door and I see it glowing red hot. Im not familiar with the Lopi, but Im sure one of the " pros " here will chime in on what might be wrong, but if all systems seem to be operational and it wont light, it could be your ignitor. Does the fire pot and pellets remain stone cold? Like if it doesnt light, open the door and feel inside the firepot and see if its warm, hot or cold?

Mine usually will go through a warm-up cycle of several minutes. Once it has had a few auger cycles to get pellets in the firebox, then the igniter will glow and the sparks start and instantly, it catches. Not happening for me right now. I will watch it with the ash dump open and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip...

Status
Not open for further replies.