Stovepipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawandorder

Mar 17, 2008
upstate new york
I currently have 6 in selkirk metalbestos pipe running from boiler room ceiling through 12/12 roof. I have a ceiling support bucket then 7 ft to the roof with a support strapping kit that came with offset pipe. From there I go 7ft to a cap. In an effort to fix a borderline draft problem I want to add another 2ft section to get my chimney up past a roofline that is 8 ft away. This would give me 9 ft from the roof up. If I add the two foot section do I have to add the roof bracket now or can it wait until spring when the snow is off the roof. Is 9ft without the bracket a huge deal considering I have the ceiling support which says will hold 40ft and with the strapping kit also attached wil i have to do the roof brace now???? Thanks in advance....

Status
Not open for further replies.