Stoves are going Quick!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STOVEGUY11

Feeling the Heat
Feb 12, 2008
SOUTHERN CT
Sold the Last Harman Accentra Insert we Had today. Harman is suppose to be having a meeting to let everyone know when certain units will be available. From what I hear Its maybe Septemebr if your lucky, but probably December. Other models from Harman are in the same boat. Other Brands are following suit. Buy Now!!!

If a stove arrives in December, a realistic date for installation will be about half way through the heating season.

I'm glad I ordered my stove during the first week of March this year. I felt really stupid for doing so, but in hindsight I was lucky.

I wish everyone luck. At least the supply limitations for stoves will put a cap on the demand for pellets. Cross your fingers!

Home Depot and Lowes are runnig out of the Englanders quick. Of course they are only selling what fly's of the shelf these days so their stock is very low.But even the corperate monsters have be caught short this time. :lol:

I thought that the rep from Englander said that the stoves haven't hit the big boxes yet, but should in a week or two?

kilarney said:
I thought that the rep from Englander said that the stoves haven't hit the big boxes yet, but should in a week or two?

the stock they had in already was not their host order but stores ordering stock from the store level. as for the host orders, we're shipping now , depot will likely get theirs first as lowes has us ship to dist. centers and they dole them out to the stores. back to depot , you can look up our units in the home depot direct online to purchase even if your local store doesnt have any in stock yet , though i'd check with your store for an ETA on their host order as it may be cheaper due to freight considerations.

I wonder if wood and gas stoves are flying off the shelves
as fast as the pellet stoves this year....

Skrew Harman and it's hi ticket price.
I'm not in the market for a second stove but if I were, it would be
a no brainer I'd buy an Englander. Perfect stove for anyone who
wants a quality pellet stove, but doesn't want to re-mortgage their home
to buy one AND isn't afraid to learn how to do their own maintenance/repairs.
;-)

zeta said:
Skrew Harman and it's hi ticket price.
I'm not in the market for a second stove but if I were, it would be
a no brainer I'd buy an Englander. Perfect stove for anyone who
wants a quality pellet stove, but doesn't want to re-mortgage their home
to buy one AND isn't afraid to learn how to do their own maintenance/repairs.
;-)

i love you too zeta :cheese: <chuckle> as for the question on wood stoves , yeah they are flying high as well at least ours are being ordered "en masse" gas isnt doing much so far, but we were kinda expected that , some natural gas units very little propane so far.

Havent seen the huge demand for the gas like in the past. I think alot of people that were considering gas at one point are now going with wood or pellet.

so... confused, if people are hearing from Harman that the next shipment won't be until Sept or so, why do some locations in MA expect another shipment at the end of July or begining of Aug?

Should I be suspect about a Aug 7th install date?

It looks like if Dane Harman could have held out just a few more months he would still own his company.

BTW: VC has fired up the plant again.

I suppose it could be the order in which Harman recieves the orders. They Said September at first for some models, then November, then December, but I have hear here January

Not sure what brand they carry,but Dodge Grain in Salem,nh has em in stock for delivery according to the sign outside. Didnt have time to stop in,but I would suspect that Lowes and HD will have plenty of stock...

BignBeefy said:
Not sure what brand they carry,but Dodge Grain in Salem,nh has em in stock for delivery according to the sign outside. Didnt have time to stop in,but I would suspect that Lowes and HD will have plenty of stock...

You can give'em a call. Here is their pellet pricing and phone info.

http://www.dodgegrain.biz/

I bought the P68 and it is sitting in my living room right now waiting for me to install it. If I purchase another stove for the lower level I might look at the new model of the Englander that is coming out soon.

Steveo said:
I bought the P68 and it is sitting in my living room right now waiting for me to install it. If I purchase another stove for the lower level I might look at the new model of the Englander that is coming out soon.
I feel the same way on that new model Englander real sharp !!

I love my Harman XXV, but if I can ever figure out how to squeeze
a wood stove into my home somewhere, it will be an Englander.

Does anyone know the the Lowes or HD in store price for a Eng 13? Do the stores in northern New England get them sooner than southern stores?

blel said:
Does anyone know the the Lowes or HD in store price for a Eng 13? Do the stores in northern New England get them sooner than southern stores?
Englanders have been on the shelves in Bangor, ME home depot for at least 6 weeks.

Portsmouth NH Home Depot has 3 mabey 4 Engenders on the floor on Saturday get them while there still there. Thank god I got my Mini in the spring......!!!

We bought a Harman p68 back in May with a scheduled install date of last week in June. July's here - no stove. I jokingly (I thought) asked the dealer if I'd be getting my stove and pre-purchased 4 ton of pellets before the snow flies, and his response was: "I wish I could say that you would, but at this point I can't make any promises..." I'm starting to get a little worried. Do you think it could possibly take until November or so to get a stove purchased in May? Should I ditch the Harman and try for another brand from another dealer? Actually, I'd buy the second stove, and make sure it was in my house before cancelling the first deal. I was really excited about this whole thing, but now I'm biting my nails!!

[quote author="Hoverfly" date="1215370156"]Portsmouth NH Home Depot has 3 mabey 4 Engenders on the floor on Saturday get them while there still there. Thank god I got my Mini in the Do you know how much the 13 is selling for?
Thanks

Hoverfly said:
Portsmouth NH Home Depot has 3 mabey 4 Engenders on the floor on Saturday get them while there still there. Thank god I got my Mini in the spring......!!!

Do you know how much the 13 is selling for?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.