STOVES @ HOME DEPOT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtarbert

Minister of Fire
Feb 23, 2006
Maryland
Went to HD today to buy some paint. While there I noticed that there are wood stoves for sale. Not 10-50% off but, full price. Now....this may not sound odd but, all winter long this HD has not had wood stove one. I know this because I am there 3-5 times a week and would have noticed. The signage was all wrong.....having one medium size Englander listed as heating 22,000ft sq. Another was advertised as a wood/coal but, the manual said wood only. When I ask the sakesmen when they were going on sale he said they had just gotten them in ....anyone have an idea what could be going on?
Thanks.....mike

lowes is on sale at 50% in my area but the same stoves at my home depot are in the special clearance section but not on any sales price either !
this must be their way of trying to get people to pay full price and make them think they are getting some kind of a bargain.either that or they think that the demand is still high enough to list them at retail ...i try to live by the motto "retail is for suckers "

lexybird said:
...i try to live by the motto "retail is for suckers "

I thought that was Kramer's motto.

I live by it too. Every story I tell starts with
"You gotta hear about the deal I got"

Status
Not open for further replies.