Stoves inspected, now we’re burning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WES999

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2008
Mass north of Boston
Last week the building inspector came by to inspect my newly installed Regency F1100.
Install pics can be seen here:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/28386/
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/28386/

Well it was not much of an inspection, he looked at the label on the back of the stove, he didn’t measure anything (don’t think he had a tape measure). He went up in the attic to see the chimney, and thought the Simpson dura vent was zero clearance pipe.

For a small stove (the firebox is rated at 1.4 CF) it throws quite a bit of heat, When it was 20* out the other day the stove was able to keep the living room and kitchen nice and warm. My house is a small ranch approx 1000 SF.

Attachments

• Picture 163.jpg
    Picture 163.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 235
glad to hear you and your friend are enjoying the install! My wife and I have a cat that shows our woodstove more affection than us during the winter months!

As a side note: Your stove might be better with clearances than mine, but if I had electrical cords close to the stove as those appear in the picture I would have problems with the insulation. Keep an eye on them.

Enjoy!

pen

No problem with the electrical cords, ( they are for the blower and the temp/ monitor alarm). This stove is rated for 5" CTC, but is is 13" form the wall.
The back of the stove barely even gets warm.

WES999 said:
No problem with the electrical cords, ( they are for the blower and the temp/ monitor alarm). This stove is rated for 5" CTC, but is is 13" form the wall.
The back of the stove barely even gets warm.

yes, you are better clearances than i am. I think my old beast is like 30 inches to anything other than concrete, ceramic or a asbestos. :)

Enjoy.

pen

Congratulations, that's a beautiful stove that you've got. You and your four-footed friend will stay nice and warm this winter. :) (My two 4-footed "kids" love our stove; the cat's always in the great room where the stove is.) Enjoy. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.