Straight shot single wall stovepipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KP Matt

May 1, 2006
This is going to seem like a pretty stupid question, but I've been keeping my eye out for an answer and haven't seen one.

Say you have a straight shot stove pipe, coming out of a stove's top exit, going directly to the ceiling box. It's single wall pipe, and the question is - how do you get it in and out of place? With double wall you would have a telescopic piece and it would be easy. I've heard about "inspection wrap" pieces, but never seen one for sale. Is that the only solution?

you use a slip joint at the top below the support box. It works much like a double wall telescope
Allows connection between two pipe joints without cutting pipe.

yup that would be the heatfab 2606b 6" 38 -70 adjust
or you could use the 18" slip
I explained this on this tread. https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/2634/

<snip>
An 18” slip section is a 18” Section of pipe that is smaller so it can fully slip INTO an maximum of 15” into another section of the same brand pipe. so if you use a 24” pipe with a 18” slip you will have a lenghth from 28” to up to about 40” (I took off 2” because I like to have a min of 2” of slip inside the normal length of pipe.

note:
The Top of the Slip is your Female end (that will connect to another pipe, Fitting or Flue and the Smaller section that slips into the regular section of pipe is down or towards the appliance.

I think you can get details from the heatfab website

Status
Not open for further replies.