Strange Pop

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
This morning as I was starting my morning burn, about ten minutes in their was a mini explosion( or so it seemed ). I had five splits going at the time. The fire looked no worse for where. Is it possible that on of the splits just popped stroger than usual. The fire continued and their was no residual problem.

jlow said:
This morning as I was starting my morning burn, about ten minutes in their was a mini explosion( or so it seemed ). I had five splits going at the time. The fire looked no worse for where. Is it possible that on of the splits just popped stroger than usual. The fire continued and their was no residual problem.

The cherry I burn pops alot like you are talking about.

Zap

I did have a couple of cherry splits in at the time. Thanks I will keep an eye and ear out next time. I had thought about some sort of "puffing", but the flame never wavered and there was no smoke.

Same here. My cherry wood does a lot of popping and cracking. Or maybe,,just maybe..its was a giant beetle stuck in one of your splits !!!!!!!!!! Or worse yet,,,,a squirrel.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.