Street price on an Alderlea T4?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakehouse2011

Feb 9, 2014
Oscoda, Michigan
Hi all,

I've been browsing the forum for several weeks now, and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new stove. I've pretty much made my mind up that the best choice for me is the PE Alderlea T4. Went to a local dealer yesterday to start talking prices. He quoted me $2595 for a T4 in white. I didnt press him on price yet, cause I'm not sure I want to go with this dealer (there are at least 5 I could buy from in my area).

Getting to my question.... Is $2595 MSRP? What shoud/could I expect to pay for this unit? I still have $1000 in piping etc, and I know there is some play-room on this as well.

Looking for thoughts please,

Thanks,

You will have more luck finding a discount in another month or two. For the best deal, be willing to take whatever color a dealer is looking to unload. . .that antique white finish does look sweet though.
Are you sure you want the T4? It's a lil' on the small side. T5 is a nice size. Not too big. Not too small. Of course, appropriate size is relative to the application. . .house size, insulation, etc.

I have the PE Vista Insert, which has the same firebox as the T4. It's a great evening/weekend supplemental heat stove, well built and easy to use, but I wouldn't want to try to heat 24/7 with it or rely on it as a sole source of heat, except for a very small house. I was limited by the size of the fireplace and knew going in that I wasn't going to try to heat the whole house with it. If you're looking for more than supplemental heat, I would consider the T5.

Reactions: loon
Fredarm- I agree, I'll be at the dealers mercy, my wife really wants the white one, Im doing the work, so I don't want to stuff a T5 in and not have proper clearances in front and behind, For size- the T4 fits, this place is 1100 sq ft, slinge floor, open floor plan. I think it will heat nicely. I've for R44 in the attic, walls are 3" solid pine and foarbead on the outside.

You will have more luck finding a discount in another month or two. For the best deal, be willing to take whatever color a dealer is looking to unload. . .that antique white finish does look sweet though.
Are you sure you want the T4? It's a lil' on the small side. T5 is a nice size. Not too big. Not too small. Of course, appropriate size is relative to the application. . .house size, insulation, etc.

Fredarm-Our family used wiil be up at a 1200 sq FT cabin that should be able warm us up nicely on the weekends when we are up there, Its not a year-round home (YET).

I have the PE Vista Insert, which has the same firebox as the T4. It's a great evening/weekend supplemental heat stove, well built and easy to use, but I wouldn't want to try to heat 24/7 with it or rely on it as a sole source of heat, except for a very small house. I was limited by the size of the fireplace and knew going in that I wasn't going to try to heat the whole house with it. If you're looking for more than supplemental heat, I would consider the T5.

So? Did ya get the T4 yet?

Well its great timing that you asked... I've been mulling it over for weeks now, and while I was driving up to the cabin 2 hours ago, I called my local shop and placed an order for the T4 Classic. Fire-and-Flame quoted me $2095 for the standard black color which my wife and I have decided is best for the house. Then another ~$900 for piping which includes double-wall pipe in the living space.

It should be ready for pickup in a week which means I'll be burning the candle at both ends this weekend to build the hearth and get everything prepped. Winter doesnt look like it's gonna quit here in Michigan any time soon, so I might even have 2 months of burning season when I get it finished...

Thanks all for the replies.

So? Did ya get the T4 yet?

Reactions: CenterTree
Sounds like you made a good choice. :cool: And you got a lot of work to do if you want heat yet THIS winter.

So, you got the Classic which is the enameled black (shiny) , right?

Seems like a decent price too.,

Now get to work so we can see the PICS!;)

You'll love it! Mine is cooking along nicely on 3 Tractor Supply Eco-bricks (they fit perfectly front to back) and a couple of big splits of old red oak on top. I'm getting short on dry wood so I'm burning a mix of bricks and splits. Works great!

I picked up the stove and all the stone for hearth on Friday. Installing all the stone will take me 1-2 weeks with my current schedule....

You mention the Eco-Bricks, I noticed them at my stove place when I was there. It got me thinking- I'm also a wood-worker and I have at least 500 gallons (in garbage bags) of hardwood Ash planer chips. If I built a press, I could make wood bricks myself....? Like I don't have enough to do already....

Hi all,

I have been burning the midnight oil, trying to get the new stove in before all the snow melts. Doesnt look like I'm going to have much burning season left by the time I get it finished, but here is a pic of my status from tonight.

Attachments

• DSCF0151 (2).JPG
    DSCF0151 (2).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 702
Reactions: Soundchasm
Looks like a promising start.

Reactions: Lakehouse2011
Next step is pulling out the tig welder to make a small cradle to hold wood off the hearth.

Also- any suggestions for fireplace tools? They wont have to be very large cause this is a small firebox.

That looks fantastic Lakehouse. Nicely done.

Reactions: Lakehouse2011
Got the stove, flue pipe and roof finished tonight. I even had a cold evening to fire it up. Thanks all for the support!!
View attachment 131618

How do you find the T4 classic? I'm in an 1100 sq foot bungalow open concept. Had a Timberwolf 2300 but sold it...the damn thing was a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.