(stretch) (yawn) (snooze) ahhhhh.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Finally got the liner cleaned yesterday.

Clean out resulted in less than 1/2 cup - burnt from February (install date) thru May.

Some wood back then wasn't the greatest but now we are set.

Lit 'er up last night for the first fire of the season.

Had the customary "First Snooze" in front of the fire.

(stretch)

(yawn)

(snooze)

ahhhh.........

Life is good. :)

Shari

Sounds like you are ready to go Shari! Enjoy the first full year with the new stove - I'm getting ready to do the same! Cheers!

Can't ask for better than that. It's almost time to move a pillow out to the stove room to help that snooze.

Matt

Yes, that first fire of the year does feel good. It only gets better from this point on.

Man I feel bad, we cleaned 24' of chimney and got almost 3 cups of soot, looks like black sand, not like what it thought it would..

no fire needed yet though.

House did drop to 63 last night with all the windows open, perfect to me.. she stayed in bed until the sun warmed the house up a bit.

Yep, got the pillows in front of the insert right now. Not snoozing, but the dog is.
DD, lots of reasons for creo build-up, I'm sure you know, but I see you're pretty far south: lots of start-ups can give you way more creo that 24/7 burning. I had about 3 1/2 cups on my first yearly cleaning of 25' chimney. Cold starts most the time.

Fire last night in the Liberty. Got plenty warm, my wife had her first snooze by the fire. 29* this am, lit another fire. Perked a pot of coffee to go with the pancakes for breakfast. Leave the coffee pot on the wood stove to stay warm. So many perks, pun intended.
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.