Stripers on the river...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
Took the day off yesterday to hit the river for stripers with two of my buddies. We launched and made a run a few miles north to load up on herring. We got our limit of herring and also caught a nice size shad then headed back south and anchored up for some stripers. After a few run offs and catfish bites we finally landed a 29", 30", and 33" all within an hr. Sure turned out to be a good mornin spent with friends in the great outdoors.

Fishing%20047.jpg

Fishing%20046.jpg

Fishing%20049.jpg

Oops, false alarm, I was thinking Strippers.
What river?

SmokinPiney said:
Took the day off yesterday to hit the river for stripers with two of my buddies. We launched and made a run a few miles north to load up on herring. We got our limit of herring and also caught a nice size shad then headed back south and anchored up for some stripers. After a few run offs and catfish bites we finally landed a 29", 30", and 33" all within an hr. Sure turned out to be a good mornin spent with friends in the great outdoors.
NICE! One more week until I start chasing the largemouth around the lake again!

Hogwildz said:
What river?

The only strippers comin outta that river are most likely dead ones lol. It's the good ol Smelaware...

Nice catch. What size to they have to be to keep? Still 1 per person limit?
They are great for eating....kinda like haddock but a little meatier.
Nice pics

SmokinPiney said:
Hogwildz said:
What river?

The only strippers comin outta that river are most likely dead ones lol. It's the good ol Smelaware...

lol they sure look healthy!

Hogwildz said:
What river?

Hehheh . . . I'm glad I'm not the only one here who reads things too quickly and gets all excited . . . only to see lots of pictures of fish. :)

Probably another 3 months before they start here, if at all. Some years they run hard, last couple have been a washout.

daveswoodhauler said:
Nice catch. What size to they have to be to keep? Still 1 per person limit?
They are great for eating....kinda like haddock but a little meatier.
Nice pics

28" is the limit and we're allowed 2 per person plus you can purchase a bonus tag for $2. Unfortunately we can't keep em in the river until after june. They're spawning right now so we gotta let em get their groove on, ya know??

And yes they're some damn good eatin!!

Nice catches guys!!!! Them Stripers are some sho' nuff fun to hook up on...they sure do put up a good fight!!!

+2 on the good eatin.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.