Stuck draft Fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidV

Nov 20, 2005
Richmond VA
my appalachian has a draft fan on it, to help get the fire going. I almost never use the thing. I don't seem to need it. WELL> I turned it on the other day when I was starting the fire from cold becauase I hadn't warmed the chimney and smoke wasn't goign anywhere. And after the fire was established I turned it off. I ran the stove all night but it had burned out by morning and the blower had turned off. The draft fan, however was steadily turning. I toggled the switch a few tiimes but it wouldn't turn off. I'm gonna have to take the thing apart and replace the switch this week. my surface temp is usually about 450 and with the draft fan, it seems to be about 50-60 degrees hotter. I'm not terribly worried about it but it needs to be fixed. I have noticed that my fires are not lasting as long. Definately going thru more wood this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.