Stupid question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KodiakII

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2011
Eastern Ontario
While looking online for a replacement room blower for my stove I read this in a product description-
St. Croix Replacement Convection Blower Fan: 80P20003-R
We sell the replacement convection blower fan for the St. Croix pellet stoves. The convection blower comes fully assembled and installs in place of your existing blower fan in minutes. The convection blower fan is compatible with several types of pellet, wood burning and multi-fuel stoves. This convection blower fan distributes airflow to ensure your fuel sources burn evenly, saving you time and money during the winter months. Proper cleaning and maintenance of the St. Croix convection fan will extend the life of the blower and keep your stove in top working condition.

How even by the farthest stretch of the imagination can your convection blower affect how your fuel burns in a closed system like a multi fuel stove?

Not sure ... who ever wrote the copy maybe doesn't understand how a pellet/multifuel stove works? What does the copy say for the combustion blower? Did they cut and paste?

Well.it says "burn evenly",which actually can be true,as a motor that is not running at proper speed,or has dirty blades,will affect some stoves greatly,such as a harman,that has an exhaust sensing probe.Same thing for a stove running on a thermostat.

Reactions: bags
It does in a Harman, because of the ESP probe. If more heat is distributed into the room , then less is available to satisfy the probe and so some more fuel is thrown on the fire .

Blower motors are all pretty much the same. A blower in a central HVAC system that is junked up with cling-ons, grime, etc; will not operate as well as a clean one. It will also cause more work and shorten the life.

I have read where it can reduce efficiency by 15% easily. Keep throwing .15 cents into a piggy bank and it adds up to dollars efficiency wise not to mention the bucks for a replacement. Oil changes and maintenance are part of the game for good reason.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Blower motors are all pretty much the same. A blower in a central HVAC system that is junked up with cling-ons, grime, etc; will not operate as well as a clean one. It will also cause more work and shorten the life.

I have read where it can reduce efficiency by 15% easily. Keep throwing .15 cents into a piggy bank and it adds up to dollars efficiency wise not to mention the bucks for a replacement. Oil changes and maintenance are part of the game for good reason.
You are right,bags,it actually can affect airflow by 28%

Status
Not open for further replies.