Suburban wildlife

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy

Oct 8, 2008
Lakes Region, NH
Pics taken in my yard over the last couple years...

Rob

Attachments

• summer '09 009.jpg
    summer '09 009.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Wild Turkey.jpg
    Wild Turkey.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 302
Nice! I have never seen a bear in my yard, but they are around once in awhile, have seen them up in the northern Wisconsin woods though.

Yeah - AP you are right... Can I consider Laconia "urban"?? Probably not. OK- renaming post "Backyard Wildlife" ;-)

Rob

Some folks we know about 7 miles to the north of us have a black bear that "visits" quite often. Nothing here yet that I've seen. Lots of turkey though. Lady down the road feeds deer and turkey in her front yard, and we have turkey gaggles, flocks, or whatever come through the yard and down the road pretty often.
This pic is from a couple years ago. Rainy Oct. day.

Attachments

• IMG_1836resize.jpg
    IMG_1836resize.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 251
Never had a whole flock of turkeys in the yard, but did have one hen move in. 3 seasons of being attacked any time one drove in the yard or went out the front door in the morning. I think the coyotes got it. along with the rabbits, skunks and woodchucks. Besides squirrels , I've seen one rabbit track on about ten acres. Nothing but snow and dog prints. Not even any deer around since before hunting season. There are big flocks of turkeys up the road a bit, just never make it down this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.