Suburban Wood Heater

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAmuso

Aug 24, 2008
Eastern CT
We have one of these in our basement. Looks like a wood stove wrapped in a metal box with some sort of heat control on it. Can anyone tell me if this is worth anything? It came with the house and If it was worth our while to sell - we'd look into it.

I did search the net a few times and turned up very little.

Thanks!

This sounds like it might be an Ashley stove? There should be a manufacturer's plate on the back or inside the door. Be sure to inspect the stove very carefully for rusted out areas or leaks. Depending on it's age and condition, it may sell for a few hundred?

http://www.usstove.com/proddetail.php?prod=2941

Yes..the one we have has that same control knob. It is a suburban - that is stamped right into the door. Maybe I'll post in in craigslist and see if i can snag a few hundred..... It wont be used where it is now.

You see these being sold at Tractor Supply,and some hardware stores.They are decent stoves for what they are designed for.
Rusty

I posted this separtly, but thought I might get a responce here. How do I replace the fire brick on the suburban stove? There is a gutter on the top and the bottom of the row of bricks and I can’t see how to remove and replace the cracked and broken ones easily. Do you have to take the outside cover off and unscrew the nuts to lift off the top gutter? I hope it not that hard! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.