Success on eBay?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very surprised to see a last second bid that went way over the "buy it now" price. Makes no sense, but I will take that unexpected $25 or so.

Learned a lot about shipping options. I just plugged in an expensive option, but the auction went better than expected. Learning as I go...

the buy it now probably disappeared after the first bid,,,the second bidder never saw it.

Reactions: ironpony
I like EBAY, list it, sell it, money goes into PayPal, done. Yes it costs some to do. If you do not mind the time and effort to do your own thing you might come out ahead, for me Ebay is the way to go. Most do not consider their time in doing all the figuring setting up etc. I will gladly give a little away to let someone else do that part, it is not what I am good at.

I have good luck with Ebay over the years. It is great for finding surplus industrial items or getting industrial stock at less than list. In a few cases I have ordered discounted HVAC stuff that was drop shipped from Grainger at a far lower cost than I could have bought it from Grainger directly. I needed some odd Burndy cable splices that retail for $20 a pop and got some for $2 in the original packaging.

I find that sticking to the odd stuff works, where you get burned is trying to buy commonly available stuff is where there is more abuse.

I did have one bad seller once and I had to start pay pal proceedings against her, I got a good deal but she definitely over represented the product.

I use Auction Stealer when I buy things and I think those sites really cut down on the competitive bidding, but for me I don't want to hang around to the last minute and play games.

I guess I don't really know of a good alternative. I will take it over Craigslist anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.